Spencer and I have been looking for an apartment up north and just weren't finding much. We had hoped to rent from Spencer's previous landlord, as we liked the location, the price, and knew it would be an overall good situation. Sadly, she had nothing available for when we'd need it. We could only find a few other places that might work and it was looking like we'd have to make a trip up there this week to interview and secure a place. Spencer reminded me that God would provide us with what we need, and then jokingly added that even if we ended up living "in a van, down by the river," that we would be just fine. Being a professional fretter and worry wart, I did not feel at ease about this situation and began to create horrible scenarios in my head where we really did have to live in our car! We wouldn't even have the luxury of a van, just a car! And we'd more likely be under a freeway overpass than by a river. Silly me.
Anyways, Spencer's previous landlady gave us a call last week out of the blue. She wanted to alert us to an apartment that would end up opening just when we'd need it. They're not requiring us to drive up to see the place, since Spencer has seen it already because he worked as a maintenance handyman for them. We're able to do all the paperwork through the mail and the place is reserved for us. Wow! Why do I fret so much? God proves me wrong over and over, yet I still have this compulsion to worry about "what if's." He is too good to a worrier like me :)
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

4 thoughts:
so awesome!
moving really tends to bring out the worst, doesn't it?! i'm glad everything worked out-- our god certainly is caring and gracious, despite our shortcomings...
praying for you, that you're able to finish well at nursing school, and that you'll have more healthy/energetic days than not!
that's great! Matt told me the news yesterday but I didn't know the story behind it.
God always provides--I mean, each time we've moved we had NO idea where we were going to live. We'd arrive with all our stuff and begin a search and each time it really was God leading us to the right place.
But of course, I worry EACH and every time. Matt is good at reminding me things will be fine because of our God!
Praise God for the grace He shows us undeserving humans! :) Hey - just a few more days of nursing school. Do you have any idea where you would like to work once you get your RN license?
Yay, Melody! I'm glad to find you, too! :) And YAY for that video... DF's quoted it several times and I never knew what he was talking about. Now I'm edjumacated! ;)
Post a Comment