Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Discouraged

You know when you play with a yo-yo and it goes up and down a couple of times, but then it loses its spin and just hangs there and won't bounce back up? Well, okay, maybe only I understand this since I seem to lack yo-yo skills :) Anyways, that's how I've been feeling lately. I get a good day or even part of a day, and then a tough one. And then another good one. And then I'm down for days and days and am hardly functional. This is where I'm at right now.

I've been working so hard at being thankful and having a good attitude despite feeling so yucky and it has helped me emotionally and spiritually. But this body still feels quite bad. I've gotten pretty good at toughing it out and covering up how bad I really feel when I'm around friends and family, but am realizing that maybe I shouldn't work so hard to cover it up. It's not an attempt driven by vanity, but more of an attempt to not be the center of attention or be a burden/storm cloud to those I love and care about. Ugh, I don't like to complain, especially on a blog like this, but I need to be honest and let folks know what's going on with me. I hate being "needy," but am realizing that God has placed me in a situation that makes me needy--we're all in this state at one point or another and right now, it's my turn--it's taken me a while to realize and accept this. I could really use some prayer and encouragement over the next couple of weeks. Thank you to those of you who have already been praying and reaching out to me and Spencer. It means SO much to me. Spencer and I are both so blessed by your kind words and generous actions...

Please pray for us as we seek a wise route to take regarding my health. Please also pray that I would be patient and learn to rest in God's perfect will during this struggle. I'd just really like to have some energy and be well :)

6 thoughts:

H said...

We are praying for you! I'm so sorry - I can see how it would be really discouraging. We'll pray for wisdom for you and Spence. And we can help with anything when we get down there! Even packing :)

Anonymous said...

we'll definitely keep prayin!

Anonymous said...

love ya, daughter!
I'm prayin'!
Mom

lindahitzeroth said...

You are SO loved. Don't feel hesitant to let us in on how you are really doing. Also don't feel reluctant to let us know how we can help. It would be a joy to lighten your burden in any way.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Trusting God for your every need.

h a v i l a h said...

Just remember you just finished a whole Senior Semester of School. Even perfectly "normal" healthy people deserve to collapse after that. I know it is hard, but go easy on yourself. Nobody thinks you are a whiner or not brave, quite the opposite, we are all proud of you! You are amazing!
Have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

DWKing said...

Love you, dear Melody. You are in our hearts and our prayers. Dad