Apparently I'm entering a new stage of umm, emotional development? I used to rarely cry. Never out of happiness, and not even that often out of sadness unless I was really upset. And during a movie? Nope. Sure, I had strong feelings, but they weren't manifested by tears. The start of nursing school increased the frequency of tearful situations, but I was still pretty stable.
Well, getting married triggered something because now I can't seem to stop crying! I cry at weddings out of happiness, sob during movies, and weep hysterically over not freezing leftover turkey in time. Poor Spencer.
This blog is not very interesting. Seems to me that blogs are much more interesting when you've got kids to write about and post pictures of. The best we can do right now is tell cute stories about our houseplant (that we accidentally killed), as that's the closest thing to kids that we've got. Seeing as we can't manage to keep a plant alive, perhaps it's a good thing we don't have children to blog about. :)
I will be done with nursing school in *gulp* 3 days. It feels unreal. A final on Thursday and clinical on Friday. Wow.
What do I do now? No more school? Getting a job sounds exciting, but it's also intimidating. Being an expert worrier, I begin to fret about nobody wanting to hire me... I've started the job hunt/application process, but can't interview until we make the move up north so am kind of in limbo right now.
Spencer is such an immense blessing to me. I love him so. We're coming up on the 6 month mark of our marriage. These 6 months have been wonderful and I feel so privileged to have shared them with this exceptional man. God has been so good to us :)
Haha, I stumbled upon this pic today...it was taken almost 3 years ago exactly when we went to Knott's Berry Farm with Lindsay and Sean. They didn't want to get wet, so Spencer and I went on the water ride (is it Thunder Rapids or Bigfoot Rapids??) by ourselves--we were "just friends" at this point. I'm glad things changed :)
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

8 thoughts:
i can't believe you'll be done so soon! exciting!!!
if it's any consolation, i like your blog :). sometimes mommy-blogs get a little too mommy-ish... like detailing toilet training, accidents, etc. i mean, really.
in any case, i'll definitely be praying for you this week, that you'll finish well, and avoid the post-grad worry-trap!
:)
...oh and i forgot to mention, i like your "just friends" picture, it's cute :o)
I haven't figured out how to keep a plant alive either. But so far we're keeping Georgie well watered :)
I LOVE your blog. I think it's very interestiing so don't feel bad at all. I mean, hey - once you have kids and you don't WANT to post pics all the time of them you'll have all your family members pestering you to do so. So be happy while you still have freedom over your blog :) hee hee.
I love that picture! Yea for 'just friends'. I am praying for you to finish strong! You are almost done!!!! =0)
So, I'm wondering if there ever WERE any cute stories about your houseplant before you killed it?
I like your blog. :)
See, I tend to think, wow, I have such a boring, Or maybe full of poopie stories- blog, and it is so much fun to read someone without kids' blog to remember that there are other parts of life out there :)
I am so proud of your finishing school!
I'm proud of you, too!!
Congrats on now being fully done!
love,
Mom
Love that sweet picture of you and Spencer. There is proof of how God directs your paths, and how He honors those who honor Him. We feel blessed that God drew the two of you together. Love you, Melody!
Post a Comment