Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sick Day

I guess today is our first "being sick together" day. We both woke up feeling downright awful (that coughy/wheezy, stuffy, nauseous, freezing one minute, then way too warm the next sort of awful). After attempting to tough it out and go on with life (Spencer did make it to his one class that meets today), we both decided we that we should probably try to rest up and baby ourselves a bit so we can get through the more important second half of the week. Spencer called in sick for work and is sleeping hard right now.

I don't enjoy being sick (and really hope we aren't getting the flu), but am thankful we are at least able to take a day off to slow down and give our bodies a rest. I'm also thankful that this much needed day off didn't occur on a crucial/busy sort of day. Spencer didn't have to miss any class and it was fine for him to take today off work. At least it's fairly good timing to fall ill :)

Our sick day has consisted of naps, timid sips of orange juice, linear algebra homework for Spencer, dishcloth knitting for me, and more napping. Sounds like a pretty good sick day, minus the linear algebra.


Tumbleweed Houses
We both think this is pretty snazy. I find myself fantasizing on how we could manage to live in such a home...I mean, we'd be comfortable and have everything we need. Haha, I realize I probably sound rather silly, but I just think this is a fun, interesting concept...

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

well...i hope you both feel better and am glad you can find some sort of joy in being sick. that's awesome
as for the house i love it! i would so enjoy living in a place like that. or at least spending a few months out of the year there :D
*abigail

Anonymous said...

i like the sleeping loft :o) it looks so cozy...

hope you feel better soon!

-at

Anonymous said...

Cute houses
...for about two weeks...
(at least for me)
I'd need to at least move up to the Tarleton.
I hope you feel better today!
love, MOm

lindahitzeroth said...

Hope you are both better by now. Glad you could rest up while not feeling well.

I like the concept of the Tumbleweed Houses, and I think it would be fine for one person. But when you put more than one person in such close proximity 24/7 it could be sort of stressful. Think about just walking around each other..."Sorry! Oops! Excuse me! Could I please get by? x 50 every day...or sharing the bathroom. The size of Spencer's first apartment is about as small as I'd like. I loved that place!

Lyz said...

Hey, I'm another Modern-Day Jane...and followed the path from Jennifer's blog. You guys are pretty cute, I have to say!

Saw in your profile that you clarifed that your fav Robin Hood is the Disney cartoon, and I just HAD to write and say that I totally agree. In fact, for awhile I pictured my perfect guy as that fox.

Anyway - hope you are feeling better! God bless!