Thanks to Cesar Chavez Day, Spencer didn't have to go to school! Hooray for a day to SLEEP IN and relax! He's been working so hard at school and work and then at home he's busy taking care of me, so I'm glad he got a day off to do whatever he'd like. I was pretty tired out and not up for doing much with our free day, but we did manage to explore a nearby azalea reserve and take a little walk. The azaleas weren't in bloom yet, but it was still lovely.



The next few days were spent being sick, recovering from our viral infestation, and geting on with life...
Friday:
We were both feeling much less diseased and grateful for the weekend. After his classes, Spencer decided that this was the sort of day to barbecue. It was beautiful and sunny and we made sure to spend some time outside to soak up a bit of that sun. While we waited for the coals to get hot enough, Spencer potted some mint that our neighbor shared with us. We named our little mint plant Cornelius. Despite a few fireball incidents, Spencer grilled up some very yummy turkey burgers and we contentedly sat out in our little backyard to eat them...Spencer had his in between slices of toasted whole wheat bread and mine was "protein style" (wrapped in lettuce). Very tasty.

So many of the lawns around here are scattered with these daisies. It's simply lovely.
This weekend has been slow and simple, which has been fine by us. Spencer worked for most of Saturday. I've been camped out on the couch, feeling particularly worn out the past few days. This afternoon we spent more time outside enjoying the weather (it got up to about 55 today!) while Spencer worked on his physics homework and I read. Spencer's been doing lots of schoolwork and horn playing all day. I truly admire and appreciate how diligent he's been in his studies.


5 thoughts:
That was a lovely posting. You and Spencer look rested and happy. You two are adorable!
I love that azalea reserve. It is such a sweet little walk, just the right length. Pretty pictures of the blossoms and stream. I Googled "azalea bud photos" and found a picture just like yours. What is the little white blossom?
So glad you are both feeling better. Apart from the fireball from your grill, it sounds like you had a delicious, healthy meal.
Cornelius...that's a good stout name :D i like it!
I'm glad that you and Spencer are enjoying life up there. i am encouraged by your quiet diligence and positive outlook, Melody. Thanks :D
*abigail
The pictures are great!! And the news about your week, too. Some day I want to hear Spe play his horn!
love, MOM
Loved the pix and love the people in 'em. :)
where you live is SO pretty! i love all the flowers! hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment