Tonight, we're heading down to Southern CA. Spencer's brother is home from Iraq for a couple weeks - we are so proud of his hard work and sacrifice to serve our country and are thankful for the privilege to see him. We're really excited to see him and all of the rest of our beloved family and hopefully, time and energy permitting, a few friends too.
Once again, I've been meaning to blog sooner. I spent this past week confined to bed and feeling miserable - so really, not much new to update on besides our trip and feeling worse again.
I'd greatly appreciate prayer about our time out of town. I am so eager and happy to see loved ones, but also concerned about how much I'll be able to handle physically, as I am struggling a great deal. Please pray that I would have the energy to focus on conversations - lately, communication has been very difficult for me - I can't seem to complete sentences, forget what we're talking about mid conversation, and in general am very spacey. Often times I'll be talking with someone and at some point while they're speaking, I'll suddenly realize that I have no idea what they are saying, can't remember what we've been talking about, and don't know where I went - it's like a switch is flipped and my mind shuts down. This is so frustrating for me, and makes me feel like I'm missing out on connecting with others in a meaningful way. I'm trying to go into this weekend with the mindset that I'll do my best, but not stress or worry about how "with it" I am. Just the ability to see family and friends face to face will be WONDERFUL and I am grateful for this opportunity. :)
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

5 thoughts:
Aw, don't over worry yourself or allow yourself to get too worked up about it. You will do the best you can, but at the end of the day that's all you can do. Your energy and brain activity is vastly different from a healthy and well-functioning person. I will be praying for you and for those you'll be seeing... that they will be open & understanding toward you and your situation. Safe travels... and don't overdo it.
Even if we just sit and stare at nothing, I'm excited to see you!!! (And it's not like we haven't done that before ;0) )
Glad to hear that you are making the trip. Let people know when you are feeling out of it. No one ever expects more of you than you are up for. See you soon!
hope u have a fun time with your family! are you going to be able to hear the new pastor candidate on sunday if you are feeling well enough? Anyway, hope your time with the family is fun filled for you.
Speaking AFTER getting to see you, it was wonderful be be able to spend time with you and Spencer. Thank you for making the enormous effort to both come down here and to engage with us to an amazing degree and depth, particularly given how awful you feel. Love you, Dad
Post a Comment