Tuesday, February 03, 2009

lyme and travel don't mix

It has been WONDERFUL to see loved ones during our time in Southern California. I desperately wish we had the time and energy to visit more beloved people and spend more quality time with our families, but my body hasn't allowed it.

The handful of visits that we had the privilege of enjoying were immensely taxing for me and today I am paying dearly. Am I ever thankful for such a protective, nurturing husband to advocate and care for me. And for understanding, accommodating family and friends.

I have been utterly miserable for the majority of our trip, much of the time in a complete stupor from pain medication. The pain and exhaustion have been very worth it, as it is such a blessing and joy to see family and friends, but it's times like these that I desperately long for relief and healing.

Thank you so much for your prayers regarding this trip. We have certainly needed them. Please pray for us as we make the twelve hour drive home tomorrow. I'm dreading spending those twelve hours confined to the car with the level of pain I'm experiencing.
Thanks to my brother, we'll have lots of new music to enjoy, which will hopefully make the ride home a bit more bearable :)

4 thoughts:

Rochelle said...

Ohhhh no fun :( Praying for you sweetie!!

DeedieLynn said...

We are thankful to have you here for a few days. Now it's raining and it reminds me of your neck of the woods! love ya, mom

DWKing said...

It was so good to see you and to visit as much as we were able to. I long with you for genuine, sustained relief from the pain and duress inflicting you. Even in the midst of the torture, you somehow manage to engage with us with grace and determination. Thank you for making the enormous sacrifices necessary to even carry on those treasured conversations and other interactions. I love you! Dad

Vanessa and Warren said...

Good luck, Melody, dealing with your recovery. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it will be wonderful to reach!