A year ago today, I received my registered nursing license in the mail. I was so happy about it and although sick, I was hopeful that within a few months, I'd be strong enough to begin working as a RN.
I'm feeling pretty bummed that a year later, I am far sicker and have yet to do anything with that hard earned RN license. I love nursing and miss it SO much. I am trying to be thankful for all the wonderful experiences I had caring for patients during nursing school and all that I learned. But I am also heartbroken.
Spencer has been so good about comforting and encouraging me, reminding me that right now, God has something better in mind than me being a super nurse. Perhaps in the future I'll be well enough to work as a RN, but for now, my task is to wait patiently and with a trusting, joyful attitude. Some days this waiting is so tough though!
I'm trying to dwell on some of my favorite passages of scripture to keep my heart in the right place. I'd love to know what passages of scripture have been particularly encouraging to you. Please share!
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

9 thoughts:
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge." -Psalm 62:5-8
I have come to LOVE this verse in the last few weeks. The Psalms have been a huge blessing to me during a really difficult and confusing time.
Some other references have been Psalm 13:5-6
Psalm 42:5
Psalm 4:4,8 (i put this last one next to my bed to read when i lay down to sleep)
Melody, I am praying for you and Spencer. I pray that God strengthens you and that you can find comfort in Him. I pray He brings you rest and healing. I know that it has been difficult for you but, i wanted you to know that your words here have been an encouragement to me. God bless you Melody :)
Love,
Abigail
May be this is forcing you to take a direction with your RN License (like maybe at a LLMD's Office).
I know I much prefer an RN that understands what I'm going through as a patient. How wonderful would it be if my RN had LD? I know my LLMD was treated for it!
Nursing requires a lot of emotional energy, energy that I don't think you have right now. After you get well, you will be in so much of a better position to help other people!
One of my favorite verses that I find myself going back to a lot is: Philippians 4:6-9.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you."
Here is a pretty cool twist on what Joy shared:
Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything by prayer and petition [definite requests] with thanksgiving continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7, Amplified Bible
Ohhhh how hard that is! But I have to admit, in my chiropractor's office, his assistant has been the greatest asset to me because she has Fibro. I've learned more from her than so many other docs combined. I hate that you have to go through this, but maybe one day you can go back to being an RN and serving those suffering with Lyme... and you'll be super nurse because you survived through it.
Job 23:10 "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold." (ESV)
Hang in there, God is with you!
Mine is Psalm 91 I love that and if you think about it, when there is an emergency you call 911 so it's easy to remember Psalm 91:1 :). Also, there is a prize over at my blog for you! :)
My biggest comfort in calamity has always been the Sovereignty of God over every atom. Psalm 107:25-31 illustrates so perfectly how He causes the storm and He calms the storm: For He spoke and raised up a stormy wind, which lifted up the waves of the sea. They rose up to the heavens, they went down to the depths; their soul melted away in their misery. They reeled and staggered like a drunken man, and were at their wits end. Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He brought them out of their distresses. He caused the storm to be still, so that the waves fo the sea were hushed. Then thy were glad because they were quiet; so He guided them to their desired haven. Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, and for His wonders to the sons of men!"
melody, your comment on my page was the sweetest. listening to your story especially the way your husband is, reminded me so much of mine. Isn't this just an awful disease?? it takes everything from you. Your patience, your faith in the medical community.
I just joined a Lyme actsivist group I went to my first meeting tonight. Im so excited we have some wondeful things that are going to be happening in the next couple months.
I have to say its a relief finding somone with smiliar issues dealing with being married with this diesease. Brian, my hsuband came with me tonight and they talked about he pregency. we had a very rough 2 years. I relly hope eveything works out for you with your health..I know being 31 and I'm so0 readay for children.
I see my new doctor again on Wed so hopefulluy I'll have some good news from the 14 vial of blood she took out!
I would love to speak with you more. Do you have MSN, SKYPE, on SKYPE is lymeaway77. Its s free, I think you sent me your MSN name, but I had trouble finding you.
Well I'm gonna head to bed...
It was so nice meeting you, you have a stregnth that I admire you so much!!! And have a big heart...you seem so sweet with a good wiwth people. I wish blessings you and hope to speak with you soon.
Post a Comment