Tuesday, April 22, 2008

more ramblings

I really don't have anything profound to share or say, but here's what's happening around here:

At this moment...

Spencer is re-grouting the tile in our bathroom with our neighbor. A concoction of ground turkey, veggies, and a coconut curry sauce is simmering in a crock pot. Outside it is simply gorgeous, with the weather alternating every couple of hours between sunshine and pouring rain. Freshly washed dishes are drying in the drainer (yay for the energy to do them!).


Last night...

I got to hang out with my husband! Lately he's been so swamped with schoolwork, so if he's not busy with a paper or studying for an exam, he's catching up on sleep. He's been working so hard. We took a lovely walk around the block and enjoyed the damp, chilly weather...Spencer wore shorts and flip flops of course :) Then we made insalata caprese (fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil). It was so yummy! We ate it while watching Man on Fire, which we netflixed (Lindsay gave us 6 months of netflix for Christmas-such a fun gift!). Wow, what an intense, sad movie!


Tonight...

Spencer has a test at school. I'll probably curl up and continue watching Pride and Prejudice. I watch that movie way too much.

I've had a bit more energy the past couple of days, which is nice. I've overdone it though, as I tend to get a bit too zealous with housework when I actually have a some energy. This evening I'm paying for my over enthusiasm. But at least I got some good stuff done! One of these days I'll learn to better pace myself :)

7 thoughts:

Vanessa & Warren said...

Melody,
how'd you get your nifty countdown?
:)
V

Jennifer said...

Its impossible to watch Pride and Prejudice too often!

lindahitzeroth said...

Sounds like you two are enjoying your life together. Ah, yes, the simple pleasures...sweet blessings.

I have meant to tell you, Melody, that I like your "2 Ways to live" icon to click on. Then today I clicked on the "Abort73.com" icon. So very sad, but so very powerful. People do need to know the truth. And yet, even for this, there is forgiveness...because Jesus died to pay for all our sins, even abortion.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melody! Glad to hear that you're doing well. I miss seeing you around at church. What church are yiu guys going to anyway. Congratulations on your nursing license. Now we'll pray for the day you get well enough to actually work so that you can use it! I agree with Linda. I too enjoyed the 2 ways to live on your blog spot. She and I are in the Spiritual Care class on Wednesdays.

DWKing said...

Another much-appreciated update on your life and lives up there. And, I really like/appreciate your links. The Abort73.com site and information is very well done. Thanks for sharing this and for making a stand! Love you! Dad

Anonymous said...

Jennifer is right on!! One of my faves! The food sounds very delicious, too.
Mom (cuz I'm too lazy to log in)

Anonymous said...

glad i'm not the only one who watches Pride and Prejudice way to often :D
It's sounds like you're doing well. I'm glad to hear it!!!
*Abigail