The past few weeks have been ROUGH. We're hoping and praying that we'll begin to see improvement soon - my body is really struggling and I am so discouraged and broken.
Each day I think to myself, "okay, this must be rock bottom. It can only get better from here." But the bottom keeps dropping out, bringing me to new lows. It has been a miserable, painful existence, to say the least.
We're trying our best to remain hopeful, patient, maintain our sense of humor, and trust that God is allowing this suffering to happen for our good. But we are also drained, lonely, and hurting.
I have an appointment this upcoming Thursday in which we will evaluate treatment and decide whether to continue or make some changes. Please pray that it would be productive and encouraging.
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

9 thoughts:
Well put. We share your frustration and hurt... but only as much as someone not actually experiencing it firsthand can. It breaks our hearts to know of this unrelenting pain and suffering. As always, you are in our thoughts and prayers day by day. We love you, Melody. And we look forward with you to better days ahead. Meanwhile, may God's grace be sufficient for you and my He guide your steps during this most trying time of your life. XOXO Dad
Praying for you as you lead up to Thursday's appointment.
as always you are in my thoughts and prayers :)
Oh, dear sweet Melody... you are in my heart and prayers. You explained yourself so openly and fully... thank you for being real with us so we could know just how to pray for you.
I know how hard this can be sometimes... but believe it or not, God still knows what we can handle and won't give us beyond our capacity. I think that shows that God knows you are stronger than you think you are... and that you will have a huge impact on people... and that God will be glorified in and through you.
Keep trying to endure... and only with God's strength can you do so. Rely heavily on him... my prayer so many mornings is simply "God give me strength where I have none left." It is usually all that gets me through those tough days.
I'm praying fervently for you as you seek after God, learn more about yourselves, deal with so much pain and brokenness, and for your appointment on Thursday.
Know that you are deeply loved and prayed for.
I'm praying and thinking about you guys! Hope the appointment goes well for u. Here's a little :) for you!!
I'm praying for you!
Melody I am so sorry you are feeling so terrible. It truly sounds so difficult- I cannot imagine. Tonight I am praying that God would comfort your precious soul and remind you that He cares for you and is a good and loving Father. I pray that He would bind up your broken heart and renew your spirit through His sovereign grace. I am also praying that God would encourage and comfort Spencer as he watches you experience this deep pain- and that through this suffering you both would be made more like our Lord and Savior. Love you Sister!
Our hearts grieve for you in your misery. Praying for the comfort that only God can provide. We wait on Him to remove the weight of your suffering, praying that it will be soon. Don't despair! Your God is with you, unseen perhaps, but ever present. He has promised that He will never leave you or forsake you, and you can trust that He will not fail you at your time of greatest need. You are dearly loved, Melody, by God, and by your family and friends.
Along with all of these others who love you, I continue to pray for your physical healing, spiritual stamina, and wisdom in decisions on doctors/diet/activity levels, etc.
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Ps 73
love & prayers,
Mom
Post a Comment