Wednesday, January 30, 2008

*sigh*

The latest trend in our household consists of me camped out on the couch until the wee hours of the morning, feeling incredibly nauseous and being in a great deal of discomfort. My stomach has been so unhappy and we really can't figure out any reason why...can't link it to anything I eat...it simply doesn't seem to work. It's the same horrible feeling that I struggled with quite a bit for several years in high school/early college...nothing seriously wrong, just part of that chronic mysterious feeling awfulness. So here I am, hoping this tummy of mine will settle down enough to allow me to fall asleep soon. I don't mean to complain... it's just been a big part of my life lately.

My appetite hasn't been great, but Spencer and I have been having fun trying all sorts of super nutritious foods. I've been really disciplined with eating right, and am enjoying doing so. I really don't miss stuff I shouldn't have, like dairy and eggs. I'm not going 100% without meat--once or twice a week seems to work. More than that, and I start feeling worse. The frustrating thing is, I don't feel better from eating so wisely and carefully. Then again, I don't feel worse, so I guess it's beneficial for something :)

We're both feeling content and restful in our new dwelling place. I'm really liking the rain (there sure is a lot of it), the clean air, the nearby beach, the small community...it's all a welcome change of pace from our hectic lives in Southern CA. Spencer and I have been attending a church that was recommended to us and so far, we're liking it. We're still praying and pondering about whether to stay or look a bit more, but we are feeling encouraged. Spencer was able to get the classes he needed and has a great schedule. He's really enjoying his professors and in general, is excited about this semester. He's also been having fun working for our landlord as a maintenance handyman again. We're loving life here.

I feel happily situated and am thankful for the ability to rest as much as I need to, but this whole feeling bad thing is getting discouraging again. Graduation, Christmas, and moving was a great diversion and allowed for an adrenaline rush, which was quite handy, as I was able to actually get stuff done. However, that adrenaline ran out and I've spent the month of January incredibly exhausted and uncomfortable. I find myself really struggling with doubt over how I'll ever have the energy and strength to be a nurse. At present, doing the dishes two days in a row is too much. Studying for the NCLEX has proven difficult, as I tire out quite easily even from reading. Spencer has been so good to encourage me to rest and not fret, reminding me that God will work things out, whether or not I have energy. He has blessed us and provided for us in such wonderful and unexpected ways. He proves my worries wrong over and over. What a silly, fretful creature I am to forget this so often! He is far to good to me.

So, that concludes my little update of sorts. We're feeling relaxed and content overall, but my health struggles have been difficult for us both. We're trying to view this situation as an opportunity to be grown and made more like our Savior...and are seeking to be moldable and teachable, but we still have days where it's just really frustrating. We'd definitely appreciate prayer :)

7 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for you!

Jennifer said...

I second Lindsay! Also, check out the blog www.followingausten.com. Look in the posts categorized under "lyme disease". When I read them, I couldn't help but think of you and hope they bring you encouragement.

DWKing said...

Thank you for sharing these things. Love you, Honey. And, yes, praying for you, too. Your in my thoughts and prayers often. :) Dad

H said...

sorry you're feeling so bad still. We are praying.

Glad you enjoy the rain! I'm starting to tire of it :)

Anonymous said...

you and spencer are in my prayer :D i'm glad that there are things that you are really enjoying!
*abigail

DeedieLynn said...

I am praying, too - if I wake up in the night ( and I mostly do) I pray for you to rest well. love you! Mom

lindahitzeroth said...

I am so sorry about your tummy problems, Melody. I wish there was a way to make you better. I will continue to pray, asking God for his mercy and love to fall down on you, even as the rain. You are loved, dear girl. And I thank God that you are Spencer's Beloved and Chosen One.