I'm curled up on our couch listening to gusts of wind and rain being spattered on our windows. Mmmm, it's a nice feeling to be in one's warm, safe home. Spencer is working right now and braving the elements, but should be home within the next hour. I love that man :)
Spencer and I are feeling quite blessed. God continually provides for us far beyond what we could ask for. I'm not fond of new year resolutions (perhaps because I never follow through with them?), but there is one thing that has been on my mind quite a bit lately... Gratitude. My day to day attitude could definitely use an adjustment when it comes to being thankful--thankful to God for Who He is and all He has provided and done-Thankful for my wonderful, godly husband-Thankful for dear, cherished family and friends. There is so much to praise God for. So that's something I'd like to work on--living a life of gratitude...
Something else completely off topic...
I've been considering some dietary choices and am playing around with the idea of going vegan for a bit to see how I like it and how it makes me feel. I'm all for people eating meat and enjoying it, but seeing as I've tested allergic to basically everything except turkey and duck and in general don't feel the greatest even after eating that, I'm beginning to conclude that maybe meat isn't for me. I know for sure that egg and dairy make me feel pretty miserable, so...if I'm not doing meat, egg, or dairy...that pretty much limits me to a vegan diet. I'm still not sure how gluten affects me...I've been told to avoid it, and while I think it does bother me a bit, I'm not so sure it's worth giving up along with all those other foods--it seems to be the least offensive compared to stuff like dairy. What I do want to do is avoid eating gluten day after day, so I'm thinking rotating grains would be a good thing to try. Corn on Monday, wheat on Tuesday, quinoa on Wed, etc...if I'm still struggling, I'll go back to cutting gluten out completely.
Great....Spencer and I have only been living in a serious new age/hippie sort of place for a week and I'm already thinking about going vegan... Really, I'd just like to be healthy and if it means a long term super strict diet is necessary, then I'm willing to do it.
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

6 thoughts:
I'm thankful for you, sweet pea! Thanks for showing us some of your beautiful countryside!
May God bless your new vegan try-out. I'm glad you're cozy and warm!
I am so sorry about your sad digestive system. It is wonderful you are being so cheerful about it, but I do not envy you the feeling bad when you eat thing. I wonder if it is the meat or things in the meat, like preservatives and all that is bugging you.
Have fun being a Hippy :)
Sounds like a great home! good luck on the vegan thing haha i applaud your self control : D
*abigail
I love the blog's new look and especially the picture! Is that one you or Spencer took?
If a vegan diet will make you feel better, by all means, go for it! Especially if it means you get to snack on tasty tasty breads again!
It's comforting to be warm and cozy under a sturdy roof with the wind blowing and rain making itself heard outside. I'm happy for you two. I sense your contentment, Melody. Your reflections on gratitude are sweet.
Hope your new food experiments will have a positive effect. Love you!
Here is a great vegan/vegetarian site to help you out! You can find any information you need and tons of other stuff too!
www.veganadam.com
Good luck on your new found veganism!
Maigan
Post a Comment