Monday, January 21, 2008

a walk in the rain

When Spencer and I were "just friends," we took so many walks. We walked all over my neighborhood. We really really liked spending time together, but were super nervous too, so walking seemed to somehow calm our nerves as we visited and got to know one another. I have several fond memories of us taking walks together in the rain. One time we went on a walk with Lindsay and Sean . They used an umbrella like sensible people, and we opted to go without, as the rain is such an exciting thing in southern california and we wanted to thoroughly experience it. Another time, we took a walk in the rain and SHARED an umbrella--I remember being so giddy inside to be sharing an umbrella with such a wonderful person :)

So on Sunday night, we were talking about how we should take walks more often. It was raining off and on, but we decided to bundle up and brave the elements (with an umbrella). Spencer mentioned we needed a few things from Safeway, so off we went. Took 15 minutes. And that was on a rainy evening trying to dodge mud and puddles. 'Twas fun, we saved gas, got exercise, and got groceries. We should do this more often.

blurry. oh well :)

6 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Ooo I remember those walks! and I remember conversations afterward where a certain individual was often very twiterpatted =0)

DWKing said...

I, too, have fond memories of taking walks with my little girl, who grew up to be my big girl. Love you!

Anonymous said...

:D that's so awesome!
*abigail

H said...

That looks like fun! I love taking walks! And I love how you described being giddy from sharing the umbrella. I remember those feelings and love being reminded of them :)

DeedieLynn said...

I may have to go out in the rain to get some exercise too - thanks for the inspiration!

lindahitzeroth said...

That is such a sweet memory! May your marriage always be filled with those romantic moments. Happy for you both. Cute picture, too.