Sunday, February 10, 2008

8 months

Well, apparently Spencer and I have been married for 8 months now. We're a tad bit bewildered at how quickly these 8 months have gone by! It's truly been a wonderful time and to celebrate, my thoughtful husband took me to a beautiful spot just 10 minutes from our front door for a refreshing walk. It was cold and kind of blustery, but gorgeous...It was so refreshing for us to get away from studying, work, dishes, classes, and just enjoy spending time together...


I love this guy

After the sun set, we headed for a nearby restaurant that we've gone to a few times over the past year and a half. We split a super yummy clam linguini dish with mushrooms, tomatoes, fresh rosemary, and broccoli in a white wine sauce. So good. I have never eaten anything straight out of a shell, so it was a fun and clumsy experience :)


Thursday and Friday have been better energy-wise, which has been so nice and encouraging. On Thursday I was able to get some good studying done, which helped me feel a bit more relaxed about the test. And I'm so thankful I had the strength to enjoy a walk with my husband on Friday evening...it felt so good to get out of the house and not feel horrible for doing so. This weekend I've felt rather weary again, but am thankful for getting to enjoy a couple of days of more energy.

6 thoughts:

H said...

Happy 8 months!!! I'm glad you and Spencer were able to get out. It looks like it was so beautiful!

Praying for you studying and test!

Unknown said...

The pictures are beautiful, that looks just like my kind of weather! Your meal looks amazingly scary, but I have to say I like Spencer's shaggy hair. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can't believe it has been 8 months! Spencer needs a hair cut.

DeedieLynn said...

Beauty-full - I've never eaten anything out of a shell either. Maybe I will sometime when I'm up there.

DWKing said...

Eating out of a shell? Maybe a camper shell... "DOWN BY THE RIVER!!"

lindahitzeroth said...

Happy eight-month anniversary! What a lovely celebration for the two of you. Your dinner looks amazing, and a very adventurous dining experience.

You guys are so blessed to have the beautiful ocean so close by. Every time you go there it can be a time of celebration, I would think.

If there is some sort of pole going about Spencer's longish hair, I like it!

We are praying for your health and test on Thursday, Melody. And Happy Valentine's Day, even if you do spend much of the day testing.