Our landlord decided he'd like to install dishwashers in some of the units. He asked Spencer if we'd mind installing one in our place first, sort of as a trial run to figure out how to best go about the process before he and Spencer continue to install them in the other places. Um, we definitely didn't mind.
So as of this evening, we have a dishwasher. This morning I hand washed silverware and cereal bowls like I normally do, but suddenly realized that I won't be doing that any more! Sure, there's still stuff to hand wash, but so much time and energy (mine, not our power bill) will be saved not having to do every single thing. Oh yay. I feel quite well taken care of. And a wee bit spoiled!
In other news, I've been enjoying increased energy this week. I've had a couple days of feeling pretty decent! I wouldn't venture to say I feel good, but definitely feel less bad :) It's been so encouraging. Today I was so excited about having extra spoons and had to be reminded quite a few times by my loving and wise husband to pace myself, as I was getting a bit too enthusiastic about cleaning and organizing... I overdid it on Tuesday and had to pay for it yesterday, so I've tried to take lots of breaks today.
My diligent husband is sitting with me as I type and is working on some research for one of his classes. He has been enjoying school (besides a rather ridiculous linear algebra course) and is doing really well in all of his classes. I love it when he comes home from class enthusiastic and talkative about the things he's learning and neat teachers/classmates he gets to hang out with. What a blessing! I feel so honored to be a part of his life as he wraps up school and am excited to see what God has in store for the next couple of years...

4 thoughts:
PTL for the increased energy! Yea for Spencer's dishwasher installing accomplishments!
love, mom
I talked with your mother today and she told me how to add your blog to my Bookmarks bar and make comments. I do enjoy knowing what's going on and have wanted to thank you. Congratulations on becoming a regular RN! I'm sure the way (or ways) will open so that you can use your skills. Lots of love, your MT grandma
Now that is exciting news! Isn't God just so good to put that wonderful notion about dishwashers in your landlord's mind, and to start with yours? Wow! And didn't Spencer just step up to the plate and handle business? What a man! Love those pictures.
So happy about your extra spoons this week, Melody, and your new dishwasher to wash your old ones. I'm also glad to hear about Spencer's classes going well. It has always been a joy to listen to Spencer when he's excited about what he's learning. His enthusiasm is delightful.
haha, weren't we just talking about how wonderful dishwashers are a few days before you got your new one? I am very happy for you that you've been blessed with this piece of technology to make your life easier. I wish our landlord was as nice as yours!
Post a Comment