Friday, February 22, 2008

being still

It's been a quiet week. I've done my best with the few spoons that I've got. Knowing that I passed the test is an incredible encouragement and relief...God has been so gracious in sustaining and strengthening me to prepare for and pass this test. Now for actually working as a RN...all in His good and perfect timing. The best I can do for now is trust and rest in Him as I seek to reach a more functional level of health.
Lots of sleeping. eating carefully. taking walks with my husband around the neighborhood. reading. thinking. researching. praying. waiting.There are hundreds of these pretty white blossoms blooming in our tiny little backyard right now. It's lovely.

Last week Spencer made me a fun dinner. The gluten free crust was from a mix we bought and we weren't nuts about it, but all the same, it was a yummy and special meal...


And earlier this week, my sweet and handsome husband made me chocolate chip cookies. Dairy, egg, and gluten free. They were delicious. A bit crispy outside, soft and chewy inside. 

We both had to use our "willpower" to not eat them all up in one sitting. Made me think of Frog and Toad. Anyone remember them? Skip to 5 min in for the cookie episode...

5 thoughts:

lindahitzeroth said...

Well, Melody, first I watched the Frog and Toad video clip, which I'd never seen before. I was enchanted by the "Garden" with its lesson on the hard work of waiting patiently. And then the part about the cookies was very cute and I could see you and Spencer deciding how many cookies to eat.

Then I went back to investigate the spoons. What a touching lesson. Thanks for sharing that insight imparting illustration with all of us who don't have to count spoons. I love you, Melody, and only wish I could give you some more spoons. But since I can't, I think I will start carrying a spoon in my pocket to remind me to pray more frequently and more fervently for you.

H said...

Those cookies look delicious! Are they from a mix or scratch? You have to send me the recipe.

Anonymous said...

wow, Frog and Toad on YouTube! It was fun to watch them again - fond memories...
I agree - the cookie looks delicious!
I'm trying to cut down on the sugar lately but finding it hard to do! love ya! Mom

Anonymous said...

give me those cookies!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

:D you continue to be in my prayers. Spencer sounds like he takes great care of you.
I hope that you continue to be encouraged by little things all around you!
*abigail