Monday, March 17, 2008

hooray for clean dishes

We are thoroughly enjoying our new dishwasher. It is a major novelty in our home right now. I still like hand washing the stuff that needs extra care, but how nice it is to put a bunch of dirty glasses and plates in a machine, go take a nap, and wake up to them being clean! Simply wonderful.

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

oh how i understand that novelty. we didn't have a dishwasher in our first apartment, and though i loved that little place, i'm not sure i could ever, ever go back.

i love to just listen to it running, while i'm doing something else, knowing that it's doing one of my least favorite chores.

the dishes just seem cleaner, too.

i could go on and on...

lindahitzeroth said...

Glad that you have a dishwasher and that you enjoy it so much. I wonder if John has any idea how much you and Spencer appreciate it?

Every major appliance we have is like having a little servant girl. Hooray for dish washers, but my favorite is a washer and dryer. Can you imagine doing all your laundry by hand? Talk about back breaking, time consuming labor!

DeedieLynn said...

I liked Alicia's comment about hearing it running - it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something to hear that sound!