Ooh, it's late. I already went to bed, but couldn't get comfy and started feeling hungry, so here I am having a little snack to quiet my rumbly tummy. I feel like I got a lot done today. It's been quite a while since I last felt so accomplished. I think having a Coke with lunch had something to do with it. I rarely drink anything caffeinated (1-2 times a month tops) and drink soda even less often (maybe once every 2-3 months). So yeah, the sugar and caffeine did a number on me. It was helpful to have "energy" though. :)
My husband is out at sea tonight. That sounds so weird and I admit I get uneasy about him out in the dark on that great big body of water. I miss him too and I think that's partially why I can't seem to fall asleep. He's on an overnight research "cruise" in which they're collecting data on phytoplankton (I think). The opportunity to go on this cruise came up quite suddenly, so I'm not completely understanding what it is that they're researching and analyzing. He was really excited about this from both a practical and adventurous standpoint--sounds like it'll be a lot of fun and a valuable learning experience. He'll be back tomorrow morning sometime. Poor guy has class tomorrow...hope he's not too tired.
Tomorrow night we are expecting two very dear and wonderful people. My mom and Lindsay are visiting for the weekend (!!!) Last week I was feeling incredibly lonely and discouraged and out of the blue, got a call from Lindsay asking what Spencer and I had planned for this weekend. What an encouraging and sweet surprise to find out we'd get to spend it with them!
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

4 thoughts:
So glad you will have visitors!!!
I had a coke at lunch yesterday and if I drink any caffeine after 11am then I toss and turn all night. Which is what I did!
Can't wait to hear about Spencer's adventure ;)
haha, same here with the coke, Heather...I "knew" it was too late in the day to drink it, but that didn't stop me. I slept horribly last night too. No more caffeine for a while, no matter how handy :)
"out to sea" hahah. that'd be fun to say. when i'm home alone at night the best i get is "waiting tables." much less romantic sounding.
glad it's a quick trip, you'll have to tell us all about it!!
Your blog is so fun! I just got all got up on the last couple of weeks, your liver story is so funny. How was the weekend with your mom and Lindsay?
Post a Comment