My world has been pretty quiet and simple as of late. I spend the majority of my time in our apartment, as I'm still struggling with quite a bit of fatigue. Some days are better than others and I'm thankful for those not-so-exhausting days. Despite the feeling blahness, Spencer and I are thoroughly enjoying life together and are definitely learning and growing. God has been so kind and gracious to us.
Spencer is on spring break this week (hooray!). We're both so thankful he has a week off of classes. Even though he's on break, he's still got a rather complex assignment to turn in tomorrow. I'll be glad when he's got that out of his way! He's been working so hard this semester... only 2 more months to go til summer break!
On Sunday after church, Spencer and I ran a couple of errands. One involved getting a coat rack. We've both been wanting one for a while, but are probably way too conservative (or stingy?) about going out and getting stuff we want. Sooo... it's taken a while to convince ourselves that it would be a worthwhile thing to own, as it really is handy to have a place to hang damp/drippy things when coming inside from the rain (which is quite often in these parts)...We found one we really liked at bed bath & beyond and happened to have a gift card, so it worked out very nicely. Yesterday morning when I woke up and walked out into the hallway, I got quite a scare from the dark figure standing by the front door. What a relief to realize it was simply our new coat rack laden with several jackets!
As I type, Spencer is installing a dishwasher next door. It's been funny listening to hammering, scraping, sawing, thuds, electric tools, etc and wondering what part of the installation process he's at. The neighbors are quite giddy about their soon-to-be dishwashers. Our landlord is seeming like a sort of Father Christmas figure, distributing such wonderful gifts to his tenants.
I love this time of year. Plants are blooming everywhere (as evidenced by my itchy, red eyes). Everything outside smells and looks simply lovely. *sigh* 
goodbye, Petrova!
14 years ago

0 thoughts:
Post a Comment