Tuesday, February 12, 2008

cereal and other things


Lately, cereal has been the thing to eat around here. Sure, we eat well balanced meals and a variety of foods, but for snacks, cereal it is. Spencer has been enjoying granola, and I've been snacking on puffed millet with rice milk. My wonderful husband also picked out and bought this for me--gluten free granola--it's actually pretty tasty! Expensive though, so it'll be a rare treat :)

enjoying my puffed millet (I lead a simple, but happy life)

Anyone have any granola recipes or tips for making granola that they'd like to share? I'd like to try making some for Spencer when I'm feeling better and a bit more ambitious...

the test
Well, yesterday and today have been studying days. I'm feeling okay about the upcoming test. My brain is tired out, so I doubt I'll do much more studying. I go back and forth between being nervous and apprehensive to feeling pretty relaxed. I'd just like to get it over with. My pride has been tempting me to not mention anything about the test on this blog. That way, if I fail, I won't have to tell everyone when they all ask how I did. But, since this is a big deal to me, I figure it'd be good to have people praying about it :) It's this Thursday, in the morning.

a peek at our place
So uh, I told you all well over a month ago to stay tuned for pictures of our place. Sorry for the delay! We've still got stuff to unpack and situate and a lot of that has had to go on the back burner with me not feeling good, Spencer doing school and work, and the test coming up. Taking pictures of our cluttery home and posting them just hasn't been inspiring. However, the kitchen is doing well, so here ya go...

we love having so much counter space and deep roomy cupboards...


The bathroom is teeny tiny and you know how it is trying to take a picture of small spaces...Imagine a toilet, a tub, and a sink and you're good to go. Here is one of my favorite things about that room...

Yes, we have a skylight. It's simply wonderful to have in a bathroom that lacks windows. I think my favorite thing is brushing my teeth by moonlight (I'm aware this sounds silly). Or else washing my hands and looking up to see rain drops falling straight down towards me. Exciting times in the bathroom, let me tell ya.

5 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

i'll pray earnestly for your test! especially that you'd have the strength to endure it, and remember all that you've been studying.

..and that skylight is super cool, i wanna brush my teeth by moonlight! :o)

lindahitzeroth said...

That kitchen is so much bigger than the old one. I really like it! And the sky light is so very awesome, especially with the variety in the weather, the ever changing cloud formations, not to mention the sun, moon, and stars. Wow! Lucky you!

So by Thursday afternoon, your test will be over and your brain can have some well earned time off. I continue to pray for your ability to recall all that you need to know and your comfort and endurance throughout the test. Many people who love you will be praying similarly.

H said...

praying for you today!!!

Did you know that TJ's sells a gluten free granola for a decent price? Let me know if you want me to mail you some. They have 3 different flavors.

DWKing said...

Cool gluten-free beans. Your writing is so rich! Love you!

Anonymous said...

okay so now i totally want a skylight in my bathroom!
*abigail